|Name:||Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce & Industry|
|Address:||Aiwan-e-Tijarat Road, Gujranwala.|
|Contact Person:||Muhammad Tayyab|
Company ProfileHistory of GCCI The businessmen and industrialists of Gujranwala established the Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) in 1978 under the name of "The Gujranwala Chamber of Commerce & Industry". Sh. Gulzar Ahmed was the first President of GCCI. Before the establishment of Chamber, an Association named Gujranwala Association of Trade and Industry was functioning in Gujranwala, which had been watching the business interest of the traders and industrialists of the city. However that time business community of Gujranwala was affiliated with Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry (LCCI). Mr. A. Aziz Zulfiqar Former President of GCCI had also served LCCI as President. At present GCCI has its own building. Mission Statement Every activity of GCCI is directed towards the promotion and protection of the business interest of its members at National and International level. Aims & Objectives GCCI serves as a platform for trade & commerce community and its basic aim is to do everything to solve the problems relating to commerce & industry by becoming a voice of that community. GCCI is working for the development and growth of commerce & industry in Gujranwala. For the achievement of its objectives, GCCI is trying to serve and solve problems of its members effectively and in the best possible way.
- To promote, aid, develop, stimulate and protect the economic interest of Pakistan in general and of those engaged in industry, agriculture, commerce, trade, banking and insurance, in particular.
- To consider all questions connected with trade, industries, agriculture, manufacture and commerce and to initiate and or support necessary action connected therewith.
- To consider, support or oppose legislative or other government measure affecting the economic interest of businessmen and industrialists and also make representations to Government on grievances, if any.
- To adjust controversies between members of the Chamber.
- To collect and circulate statistics and other information relating to the commercial, industrial, agricultural and financial interest of the businessmen and industrialists.
- To arbitrate in settlement of disputes arising out of commercial transactions between parties willing and agreeing to abide by the judgement and decision of the Chamber.
- To form a code of practice to simplify and facilitate transactions of business and to frame bye-laws; rules and regulations for the officers of the Chamber to carry out various objects of the Chamber.
- To communicate with the Chambers of Commerce & Industry or public bodies within or outside Pakistan and to concert and promote measures for the protection of trade, commerce and manufacturers and the labour engaged therein and to remove mutual hardships.
- To purchase and construct, take on lease or in exchange, hire otherwise acquire land and building and all other property, moveable or immovable, which may be deemed necessary for the purposes of the Chamber.
- To sell, improve, manage, develop, mortgage, dispose of or otherwise deal with all or any part of the property of the Chamber.
- To borrow or raise money for the purpose of the Chamber upon such terms and in such manner as the Chamber may think fit.
- To subscribe or become a member of, and co-operate with the Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry, and procure from and communicate with any Chamber and Association of trade and industry such information as may be likely to forward the cause of this Chamber.
- To accept bequests, donations or subscriptions towards or to accumulate and provide a fund or endowment or wake and to invest the same and apply the income arising therefore or to resort to the capital thereof, for any objects of the Chamber.
- To aid and to receive aid from any other society, Association, Company, Corporation, firm, Partnership or person promoting or formed or intended to promote any of the objects of the Chamber, Corporation, firm, partnership or person, with a view to obtain any advantage or benefit for the purposes of the Chamber and to subscribe to any fund or Society, as may be considered from time to time.
- To subscribe to any local or other charities and to grant donations for any public purposes and to provide provident or superannuation funds for the employees of the Chamber or otherwise to assist any such employees, their widows and children.
- To draw, accept, endorse cheques, bills, hundies, notes or other negotiable instruments and to invest in or operate the accounts of the Chamber with any Bank or Bankers.
- To establish a commercial and statistical Library.
- To remunerate any person or company for service rendered or to be rendered in placing or assisting to place or guaranteeing to place any debentures or other securities of the Chamber.
- And generally, to do all that may be necessary to attain the above objects of the Chamber directly or indirectly and to do all such other things as may be conducive to the development of trade, commerce, industry, agriculture, banking and insurance, among the businessmen and industrialists in Pakistan and Gujranwala district in particular.